Signing off for a while

Hello


I've decided to close down this blog for a bit while I deal with some health issues. I've been found to have nodules on my thyroid and awaiting biopsy and further assessment on these.
Many thanks to Clare Smith, http://nzthyca.blogspot.co.nz/
who happens to live around the corner and I've spent some time with at a harakeke flax weaving class late 2017, and is also a quilt artist and who ironically is the cause of my quilting journey ( inspired by her quilts!) who had a similar experience a few years ago - I feel prepared going forward and very optimistic (tho a bit scared) even if the worst and I have a similar journey to Clare..tho expecting and hoping for much less and perhaps looking at just a thyroidectomy!

Ironically January is Thyroid and Thyroid cancer awareness month! I can only stress don't just take a GP's word for your results being borderline - push for more investigation if it doesn't feel right. A simple lump in my neck turned out to be a canary in the mine- its nothing but as a result of it, a scan we found other things.

So...optimistic about this all ....have purchased a Short arm quilt frame so have to be....now have a few boxes to setup as a reward at the end of this!!!!

Happy quilting.
Lee-Ann

Comments